“Salad Barre: A Dance Feast”
A Spring production offering a variety of dance genres in an evening length performance.
Join us for a dance feast not-to-miss! Asheville Contemporary Dance Theater presents an evening of inventive choreography in a variety of dance genres created by ACDT dancers as well as guest artists.
Presented by the Asheville Contemporary Dance Theatre with guest dance artists.
- Jenni Cockrell of Strange Daughters Butoh will perform two Butoh solos exploring female symbol and stereotype.
- Sharon Cooper’s piece is inspired by the Hottentot Venus and deals with exploitation, power, control and destruction.
- Amy Hamilton’s Cendre is an excerpt from a larger work and is danced by a quartet of teenagers. It is a meditation on the cavities left behind in the ash from those who died in Pompeii.
- Megan Jackson presents a tap solo with a new technique, looping sound and rhythm for a unique tap experience.
- Abby Keller is an energetic flamenco dancer currently based out of New Mexico.
- Sara Keller’s modern dance work has a supportive community feeling with seven dancers creating pathways in space.
- Kathy Leiner presents Dis-card, a multi-media collaboration with a photographer
- Lynne Harty and musician Tom Leiner, which explores the emotional and physical concepts surrounding who/what we discard in life.
- Jaime McDowell’s tongue-in-cheek modern dance piece reveals the secrets of a childhood friend’s diary
Friday, March 27 and Saturday, March 28 at 8pm
The BeBe Theater, 20 Commerce St., Asheville, 28801
$15 in advance and $17 at the door
For tickets or more information, contact: ACDT at 828-254-2621 or email email@example.com